- Book Now
- Classes, Workshops & Events
SIX DEGREES HEALTH
WORK EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Six Degrees is currently seeking applicants to our Work Exchange Program. Participants of the Work Exchange Program receive Community Acupuncture treatments in trade for their time and labour. One weekly four-hour shift earns you a one-hour community acupuncture treatment that you would receive at the end of your shift or within the month. For professional service such as graphic design, we trade with workers at a negotiated rate based on their professional fee. Check out this article and this article to learn more about the values behind our work exchange program. We especially encourage people of colour, Indigenous Peoples and trans folks who could benefit from our work exchange program to apply. All practitioners are registered and certified to practice in Ontario.
Six Degrees Health is seeking applicants who are willing to make a six-month to one-year commitment to a regular weekly shift.
Click on the position or see below for job descriptions.
#1 Office Assistant (OA)
Hours: 4 hours per week, regular weekly shift
Six Degrees is an integrative health hub that works within an anti-oppressive framework. Office Assistants are the clients’ first point of contact with Six Degrees Health whether in person or via phone. They must be able to meet the demands of working in a busy environment while also being present to client’s needs as the first point of care when people arrive at Six Degrees.
• Greeting and welcoming clients
• Orienting clients to our services and payment system
• Booking appointments by email, phone, and in-person using our online booking system
• Organizing client files as needed using the online database
• Answering phone inquires and responding to emails
• Attending to daily tasks, as required, including opening or closing the clinic
• Experience with computers, Google Apps, iPads
• Confident in operating the online booking system
• Excellent communications skills
• Must be approachable and dependable, and punctual for shifts
• Comfortable supporting clients by phone, email, and in-person
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task
• Can manage stress and work in an active, busy environment
• Will be required to move throughout our space during their shift – front lobby, clinic space, basement washrooms and back offices – in order to complete tasks
• Do occasional errands, as needed
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Willing to receive constructive feedback and supervision
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiar with or interested in acupuncture and/or holistic health services
• Front desk, reception, and/or customer service experience
• Past volunteer and/or community-based experience
• Experience working within an anti-oppression framework that recognizes and addresses the impact of discrimination on our health and wellness
See bottom of this page for application method.
back to top
#2 Promotional Flyering Team
Hours: 2 to 4 hours per week (seasonal)
Six Degrees promotes our services using different methods, including placing flyers, business cards and postcards in local businesses, and posting flyers at community boards.
The flyering team will:
• Pick up work assignment, materials and equipment at Six Degrees
• Flyering in the neighbourhood or travel to locations by their own means
• Provide a record of their completed work assignments
• Willing to travel to various locations throughout the city
• Comfortable approaching business owners and staff members
• Post promotional materials in accordance to instructions
• Use a staple gun
• Follows health and safety precautions at all times
• Represent Six Degrees Health in a respectful and courteous manner
Experience with promotional flyering is preferred, but not necessary.
back to top
#3 Graphic Designer
Hours: 2 to 4 hours per week (as needed)
Help develop and design marketing and promotional materials
• Designing workshop posters, brochures and flyers based on Six Degrees’ branding and design templates
• Proofreading materials to ensure accurate copy
• Working from home mostly and reporting to the team as needed
• Communicating with staff team
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Access to their own computer and design programs
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Willing to contribute ideas and receive constructive feedback
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Work experience in graphic design
• Experience in working with community-based programs
• Interest in holistic health and community acupuncture
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. Please complete this application form (You may also review the list of questions here first before answering them on the form as it is an extensive application)
Step 2. Email your CV/ résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have one that we could reference.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 416-866-8484.
Six Degrees’ ground floor storefront space is wheelchair accessible with a StopGap ramp. However the washrooms are in the basement and not accessible to some.
We offer two gender-neutral washrooms.
We ask staff and clients not to use scented products and respect our fragrance-free space but the clinic is not entirely scent free as we do use moxa and sage or other medicines to smudge.
To learn more about our location and space accessibility, please visit http://sixdegreeshealth.ca/centre-location.
We acknowledge that our healing-based practice occurs on contested Huron-Wendat, Anishinaabe First Nations land.