Hiring: Bookkeeper (Part-time, 8-15 hours per week)
Six Degrees is recruiting a part-time bookkeeper (8-15 hours/week) to support our work. Spread the word!
Application Deadline: September 27, 2017
- maintaining good order of quickbooks, the log book, our accounts, and other accounting files
- preparing payrolls for staff and contractors
- monitoring cash flow and keeping the employer informed
- managing petty cash, weekly deposit, and balance books
- generating reports and analysis for the business working with the employer
- refining the payment and accounting system to create simplicity and efficiency
- At least 3 years experience working as a bookkeeper, preferably at a small business
- Experience with budgeting and generating financial projections
- Hands-on knowledge of quickbooks, quickbooks online, excel, and google apps
- Understanding of or willingness to understand the alternative, sliding scale economy model that Six Degrees values
- Attention to details, responsible and responsive, flexible and adaptable to changes
- Work location: Six Degrees
- Work days: negotiable
- The bookkeeper will bring their own laptop to maintain records and to be able to make adjustments from home if necessary
- This is a contract position. The hired individual is responsible for their own liability insurance, income tax and other tax related expenses.
- There is no vacation or sick leave pay.
- Rate of pay: $25.00 per hour for probation period, $28.00 per hour after
- One year contract with three months probation.
To apply for this position, please email a one-page cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Application: Bookkeeper”, by September 27, 2017 (Wednesday).